Miss Nederland 2000
For the first time in the history of Miss Nederland a woman with Moroccan ancestors was crowned Miss Nederland: Raja Moussaoui.
Although she had an Islamic upbringing it didn’t stop her for entering the pageant and parade in bikini at the finals. There were some people from her neighborhood who were against her participation but her parents supported her.
Nowadays she is into politics and was alderman in her hometown Roermond from 2010 till 2012.
On the sash at the Miss World pageant it said Miss Holland until 2004. In that year we saw for the first time Miss Netherlands on the sash of the dutch representative at Miss World.
1: Miss Limburg, Raja Moussaoui (Miss World 2000)
- Miss Groningen, Silvie Vermeend
- Miss Friesland, Dorien Reineman
- Miss Drenthe, Astrid Gerdes
- Miss Overijssel, Christine Meniers
- Miss Flevoland, Petra van Eck
- Miss Gelderland, Miranda van Brienen
- Miss Utrecht, Nikol Venneker
- Miss Zeeland, Michelle Kerkhove
- Miss Brabant, Nicole Welsing
From left to right: Raja, Reshma, Sharon, Sylvie, Dorien and Astrid
From left to right: Christine, Miranda, Petra, Nikol, Nicole and Michelle